Should host families for exchange students be DBS checked?

If your school or college offer foreign exchange programs, it is important to ensure that the host families have a DBS check. Any adult living in the household, be it a parent or sibling of your student or a lodger, should have a DBS check if they will be taking care of the children, supervise them, drive them to school or any other venue, or help them with dressing, washing, eating or drinking.

Under UK law this should be an Enhanced DBS check with the Child Barring list, done via the school or educational body.