Airside security screening
Aviation security arrangements are critical to protecting passengers, staff, assets and our national infrastructure. As such, each UK airport (or group) is mandated by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Department of Transport (DFT) to have in place certain security measures, which includes an Airport Pass Scheme.
Airport Pass Schemes require specific background checks to be conducted on individuals prior to them being granted unescorted access at a UK airport.
Security Watchdog undertake aviation background checking services for organisations across various sectors however, all are affected by the need to deploy their employees into restricted areas of UK airports. These organisations include airport authorities, airlines, retailers and construction companies to mention a few.
Our services are fully compliant with CAA, DFT and individual airport regulations, ensuring background checking requirements for roles inclusive of security staff, airline crew, retail assistants and airside operational staff are continually delivered in full compliance and in reduced timeframes.
Via our bespoke online screening platform, VOLTi3, our fully trained screening executives will efficiently process the required background checks through to conclusion whilst also providing full transparency to the hiring company.
Where it is established that an individual has an operational need to gain unescorted access at a UK airport they must undergo the following background checks and training (where applicable) prior to that access being granted: -
- Identity Check
- Right to Work Verification
- UK Criminal Record Check (Basic Disclosure Level)
- Overseas Criminal Record Check (where 6 months’ continuous overseas residency applies)
- 5 year career history verification
- Gap verification (where gaps over 28 days are identified (eg periods of unemployment, voluntary work, travel overseas etc))
- Satisfactory completion of General Security Awareness Training (GSAT) (where applicable)
Note – additional screening services available where clients require and packages for Regulated Agents, Regulated Suppliers and Known Consignors.
To benefit from our market leading services, which includes a dedicated screening executive for each candidate, assigned account manager, multi-lingual staff to assist with translations/calls with overseas referees, ability to create bespoke candidate emails and efficient screening timescales, please make contact via the below options for a competitive proposal.
Our solution offers:-
- Quick booking system for clients
- Simple check-in process for candidates
- Streamline and transparent security screening process
- On-time departure for candidates to operations