Ewan Tweedie - Advisory Bureau Director
A management sciences graduate from Loughborough University, Ewan joined The Security Watchdog in 2003 following a high profile career in public relations, recruitment and risk mitigation. Ewan was a natural choice to manage The Advisory Bureau, the consultancy, training and audit services arm of The Security Watchdog. A subject matter expert in international data protection, immigration and criminality, he advises organisations on Best Practice screening and vetting methodologies and cost/process efficiencies.
Working with some of the largest names in industry, Ewan has successfully designed, developed and deployed Best Practice screening and vetting solutions in almost every industry sector in the UK, Europe and Internationally. To cover permanent, temporary, contract and supplier personnel, these solutions have served as an intrinsic element within his client’s overall corporate risk mitigation strategy.
Advisory Services have Included:
- Global and Country Specific Policy Development and Implementation
- Full Policy and Process Review
- Focused Review & Recommendations
- Policy Enhancement- Supply Chain and Geographic
- Training & Immigration and ID Fraud Workshops
- Immigration and Visa Advisory Services (regulated under the OISC to Level 3)
- Compliance Audits for Points Based System Licensing
- Supplier Auditing and Due Diligence (compliance to policy requirements)
- Executive Due Diligence
- Data Privacy and GDPR Impact Assessments
- Safeguarding Audits
- Social Media Vulnerability Assessments
Ewan sits on the European Chapter of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS Europe) as well as the NAPBS Global Advisory Council Education Committee (US, Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific Chapters) and provides consultation to members of the British Standards Institute GW3/4 Committee for BS 7858:2012 (Security screening of individuals employed in a security environment – Code of Practice) as well as the Government’s Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI). Ewan is a frequent author of articles and columns for both the HR trade journals and security press and has presented on various topics of pre-employment screening, Criminality and Data Protection for the CIPD and numerous Conferences and Exhibitions.