Security Watchdog is pleased to announce the launch of the Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB).
This group, founded by a collection of other industry leaders including Security Watchdog, will form a committee within the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) the 880-member strong organisation dedicated to the promotion of ethics and performance standards across the screening industry.
The CRTB will provide an essential independent voice to members across several market sectors, and has already published a clear set of objectives:
- Support the UK’s safeguarding agenda
- Encourage the adoption of enhanced identity verification processes
- Support candidates and users in understanding eligibility of checks, and highlight the work of SAFERjobs in preventing employment screening scams
- Contribute and comment on the development of policy and legislation
- Promote best practice and awareness of overseas criminal record checks
To learn more about the CRTB or the NAPBS, email CRTB@napbs.org.uk or visit https://www.napbs.com/chapters/europe/criminal-records-trade-body-crtb/