This privacy notice is a public declaration of how Security Watchdog (Part of Capita plc) applies the Data Protection Principles & Rights afforded to individuals by the GDPR, to the personal data that we process.
Security Watchdog is committed to complying to the 6 principles relating to the processing of personal data under the GDPR in all that we do. These principles are:
1. Lawfulness, fairness & transparency.
2. Purpose limitation.
3. Data minimisation.
5. Storage limitation.
6. Integrity and confidentiality.
1. What information do we collect and who is collecting it?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of carrying out employment screening and related services with us include, but is not limited to; name, address, email address, contact numbers, financial and criminal information, identity and eligibility to work, directorships and sanctions data. Information gathered is strictly related to the level of employment screening an individual is assigned. No unnecessary information is obtained from data subjects that is not specifically required for the purpose of their employment screening.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters ;
- any other information that you choose to send to us
- Data is being collected by Capita Resourcing Limited trading as Security Watchdog who's registered address is 71 Victoria Street, Westminster, London SW1H 0XA. Registered in England No. 3949686.
- Security Watchdog's Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by post at Cross & Pillory House, Cross & Pillory Lane, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 1HL.
2. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website and Security Watchdog's proprietary systems including but not limited to; VOLT, eBulkPlus and Authenticate.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process the appropriate employment screening background checks for data subject based on their appointed levels.
- Report adverse findings relating to data subjects inline with our contractual obligations and agreed risk frameworks.
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
3. Legal basis for processing information
Security Watchdog is required to process personal information of data subjects as part of it's client contractual obligations in the performance of conducting employment screening on behalf of it's client(s). Employment screening is typically carried out as a result of regulatory or legal obligations for the client or as part of a best practice risk mitigation process and policy. All processing of personal data by Security Watchdog is carried out with the full and explicit consent of each data subject.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, suppliers insofar as reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
All personal data stored and processed by Security Watchdog is securely hosted within the European Union. There is no systematic transfer of data at rest outside of the EU for any other purpose. Based of the international demographic of candidates it may be necessary to transfer elements of personal data to countries for the purposes of conducting background checks, including Australia, The United States, Japan, other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. Security Watchdog is committed to using EU model clauses in all contracts where data may be transferred to the USA.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information and retention
Security Watchdog is an ISO27001 Accredited business and therefore takes information security extremely seriously. Significant investment has been made in all of our systems to create the most secure environment possible.
We continue to take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our systems).
Security Watchdog retains your personal information for only as long as stipulated within client contracts and does not seek to retain data for any longer than necessary to carry out our service and fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations.
Security Watchdog will never process your personal information without your explicit consent and engagement in the process. If you choose not to provide personal information or consent we will be unable to carry out our checks and therefore unable to start the employment screening process. Where clients have made employment screening conditional upon the issuance of an employment contract there may be implications for failing to complete the employment screening process. Security Watchdog takes no liability in the failure for individuals to engage with any employment screening process on behalf of a client.
We do not store your credit or debit card details.
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The subject access request under the Data Protection Act is submitted to your nominated employer contact who will then liaise with Security Watchdog.
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- The description of the exact information you are seeking.
Security Watchdog will work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that we fulfil all obligations under the data protection act in regards to subject access requests. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Security Watchdog recognises the further rights of data subjects under the GDPR which include;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- More information on Direct Marketing
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to complain to the Supervisory Authority
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Security Watchdog.