Training Workshops from The Advisory Bureau
We conduct a range of training workshops covering Immigration ID and Right to Work in the UK, DBS Compliance and PBS Compliance Training
These workshops can be run in-house at your business premises, at our headquarters in Alton, Hampshire, or as part of a company conference or training day. Each workshop participant is certificated to ensure they have reached the required level of knowledge in the workshop subject.
Avoid potential civil penalties of up to £20,000 per illegal worker and ensure your team are compliant and knowledgeable.
ID & Right-to-Work workshops
To ensure HR personnel who handle identity documents when recruiting talent from outside the EEA understand Home Office rules, eligibility to work in the UK and false ID documentation checking
- Identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- Key Points - Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
- Best practice checks and process
- Identity documents and visas
- Authentic versus fake documents
At the end of each workshop participants will understand the importance of adherence to Home Office Immigration Rules, the penalties for failing to comply, the Sponsor Licence tier levels and the eligibility criteria, your responsibilities as an employer, fake documentations as well as general information about Home Office procedures and documentation.
DBS Compliance Training
To ensure staff understand how the criminal records check systems work, the eligibility rules and the levels of checks relating to certain job functions.
- To understand the roles of counter-signatories.
- How to determine and ineligible check.
- To understand the DBS, DS and Access NI legislation.
- To understand the reasons why eligibility checks are important
- To understand which groups are at risk.
At the end of each workshop participants will understand why DBS checks are performed, the importance of eligibility checks and the importance of compliance to DBS rules, the groups most at risk, the levels of checks available and how to proceed with them, what a counter-signatory is and their responsibilities, as well as a knowledge of the sponsor visa tier system and which persons they apply to.
PBS (Points based System) Compliance Training
Tailored in-house training designed to help managers, recruiters, HR Teams, understand UK immigration legislation, the essence of holding a sponsor licence, sponsor responsibilities, and how to remain compliant.
- Sponsorship requirements
- Sponsor Duties- record keeping, migrant tracking, etc.
- Understanding the sponsor management system
- Certificates of sponsorships
- Resident Labour market test
- SOC Codes- What are they
- Shortage occupations
- Tier 2: The common pitfalls
- Recent immigration changes and how they impact your business
- Preventing illegal employment
After the training day is complete, our advisors will be available to provide remote training and advice, and we guarantee a detailed response to any query within one working day.
Book a workshop with us
Our workshops can be run in-house at your business premises, at our headquarters in Alton, Hampshire, or as part of a company conference or training day. Please select your preferred location in the form below.
ID Right to Work - 24.07.18
ID Right to Work - 20.09.18
ID Right to Work - 12.11.18