A Screening Specialist plays a vital role in undertaking client specific employment screening to agreed targets and client requirements. They will support their Team Leader and Service Delivery Manager to ensure a smooth end to end employment screening process. A large proportion of their time will be phone work to enable fast and accurate results.
A Screening Specialist will act as a front line communications portal for client screening related queries and will aim to deliver a service to exceed client expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
A Screening Specialist will support and consistently report on any reasonable requests for any Team Leaders or Managers instructions
A Screening Specialist will become a subject matter expert on our bespoke system and the best practice /code of practices that must be adhered to.
Roles and responsibilities
- To identify and highlight risk through investigation
- To mitigate risk to a client’s organisation
- To demonstrate strong and effective communication skills in terms of verbal and written communication
- Follow and maintain business SOP and correct process and screening procedures for client requirement
- Ensure service delivery meets agreed client SLA turnaround times
- Complete employment screening to conclusion as per the client specification and in line with SOP
- Maintain a sensitive approach to personal data of applicants in line with Data Protection requirements.
- Display a keen eye for detail
- To be able to work to own initiative and portray first class problem-solving skills using proactive thinking and promoting out of the box solutions to our clients.
- Present strong organisational skills
- Proactive communication with management to inform of file status and advise where issues arise no later than 2 hours of identification
- To provide support and encouragement to other members of the team. Contribute and develop team ethos/morale to meet overall service requirements of client and team targets.
- Ensure weekly/monthly targets are met over the course of the month
- Be transparent, open and honest at all times.
- To adhere to and promote business measures, guidelines and strategies without question.
- To adhere to company values
To be flexible in reacting to different needs of Security Watchdog
Act in accordance with Data Protection
Act in accordance with Equal Opportunity’s Policy
Promote the culture of the company in accordance with the Mission Vision and Values at all times
Have great personal commitment, energy and enthusiasm for making things happen and achieving goals
Be cordial and professional
Adhere to the clear desk policy
Competitive rates of pay with bonus scheme
23 days paid holiday
Training and development
Weekly fresh fruit
Star and employee of the month awards
Quarterly charity events
Perks at Work – discounts and WOW points
Annual all company conference
Quarterly charity events
- Confident and persuasive telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong admin skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- IT literate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be innovative
- Strong decision making skills
- Can generate new ideas to solve problems
- Seeks ways to improve processes to enhance efficiencies
- Ability to change and embrace change
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Diligent and decisive
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Screening Specialists are subject to employment screening including a criminal record check to work within this division. This list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time to facilitate growth and the efficient running of the business.