Throughout the screening process it is likely that certain documentation will be requested of you in order to support/enable the checks that have been requested by your employer. Dependent on the checks that you have been put for, you will need to provide Security Watchdog with documentation such as Proof of Identity, Proof of Right to Work, Proof of Address.
The following outlines the sort of documents that you can provide if asked to do so...
- A UK passport
- Long birth certificate (i.e. the document that lists the names of both parents)
- A passport
- A National identity card
Non EEA Nationals
- A passport
If you don’t have a passport then the following documentation can be accepted as proof of identity:
- An official document giving your permanent National Insurance Number and your name e.g. P45, P60, National Insurance Card or document issued by a Government agency) PLUS one of the following:
- A full (long) birth or adoption certificate issued in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland which includes the names of the holder’s parent(s)
- A certificate of registration or naturalisation stating that the holder is a British Citizen
- An immigration status document issued by the Home Office or UK Border Agency to the holder with an endorsement indicating that the person named can stay indefinitely in the United Kingdom or has no time limit on their stay
One of the following:
- Passport showing the holder is a British Citizen or has right of abode in UK
- Passport or national identity card showing that the holder is a national of a European Economic Area country (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia) or Switzerland
- Passport showing that the holder is a national of Croatia and an Accession Workers Card
- A residence permit, registration certificate, certificate of Naturalisation or document certifying or indicating permanent residence issued by the Home Office to a National from a European Economic Area country (as detailed above) or Switzerland
- A permanent residence card issued by the Home Office or UK Border Agency to a non-EEA national family member of an EEA national (as detailed above)
- A current passport endorsed to show that the holder can stay indefinitely in the United Kingdom, or has no time limit on their stay
- A Biometric Identity Document issued by the UK Border Agency to the holder which indicates that the person named in it can stay indefinitely in the United Kingdom and has no time limit on their stay in the United Kingdom.
- A Biometric Identity Document issued by the UK Border Agency which indicates that the person named in it is permitted to undertake employment for the duration of their VISA entitlement.
You may need to provide proof of address which must be issued in your name. Please note a mobile phone bill cannot be accepted as proof of address.
- Bank/credit card/building society/ mail order catalogue statement
- Utility Bill – electricity/gas/water/telephone
- Addressed pay–slip
- A document from UK Central/Local Government/Government Agency/Local Authority giving entitlement