I work in a College / Sixth Form, or in an adult education college. Do I need a DBS check?

If you work for a further education establishment that works with children from the age of 16 upwards (Year 12 and 13 for example) you will require an Enhanced DBS with a child barring list check, even if some of your learners are over 18.

If you work in a SEN College, and provide your adult learners with personal or health care, you may also require the adult barring list.