I am self-employed, how to I make an application?

To make a Basic DBS application, please visit: https://www.securitywatchdog.org.uk/basic-criminal-record-checks-for-individuals/

Anyone can make a Basic DBS application but unfortunately a self-employed individual (a sole trader) can not make an application for a Standard or Enhanced DBS check. If you are working with children as a childminder or nanny, you can make an application via Ofsted.

However, if you are working in any other sector you may need to do your check through a different body such as a local authority.  Please contact us if you have any questions and well.